2014년 9월 10일 수요일

Week 3. Classical Argument Outline


1. The introduction, which warms up the audience, establishes goodwill and rapport with the readers, and announces the general theme or thesis of the argument.
I will start by describing how much information exist on the online and how much modern people are exposed on those information. (Emphasizing) And then I will cast a question as an attention grabber like: 'How are you using those information?' or 'Are you using the information in a desirable way?' Then, I'll end my introduction with "Information must be regulated in the internet"


2. The narration, which summarizes relevant background material, provides any information the audience needs to know about the environment and circumstances that produce the argument, and set up the stakes-what’s at risk in this question. In academic writing, this often takes the form of a literature review.
I'll display some statistics I've searched that show how much people use internet as a method of searching information and this will help on emphasizing how the information on internet has became important. I'll also show the statistic that show how people are unsatisfied and suffer damage when watching some kind of information in Internet. This statistic can explain why this argument has came out by emphasizing the bed effects of Information in Internet.


3. The confirmation,which lays out in a logical order (usually strongest to weakest or most obvious to most subtle) the claims that support the thesis, providing evidence for each claim.
I will display three claims that will support my thesis 
 1. Too much information  (source : http://www.economist.com/node/18895468 )                                               
   Using the example of Google "information overload"  that everybody would once suffer from it, I'll   make people remind of the experience of "information overload". I'll also mention the bad effects of 'information overload', stating three reasons of people feeling anxious, being reduce creativity, and  being less productive. Then, I'll shift the attention when regulation is applied and show the advantage. In this case, the regulation will be using technology : smart filters (information sanity).  

 2. Damage of spread of false information (source : http://www.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2013/mar/06/leveson-report-internet)

  There are some people who are damaged by the spread of false personal information. Through stating those examples, I'll emphasize the importance of the regulation. And I'll explain it should stongly regulated by the government to prevent the disasters.3

3. Violent information (source : http://people.hamilton.edu/bhouse/DoWeEncourage/DoWeEncourage3.html)

I'll show the examples of the people who met a bad result by violent information in Internet and the statistics of how much violent information is prevail in Internet. It will help on emphasizing the importance of the regulation. 


4. The refutation and concession, which looks at opposing viewpoints to the writer’s claims, anticipating objections from the audience, and allowing as much of the opposing viewpoints as possible without weakening the thesis.
 I will concede that it is a democratic society that pursues liberty in the society but in such a limited set of conditions that some kinds of regulations are necessary. I will show the example when liberty is only pursued and expect the result, which would be a disaster.


5. The summation, which provides a strong conclusion, amplifying the force of the argument,  and showing the readers that this solution is the best at meeting the circumstances.
I will close with a summary of my previous points, emphasize why the "Information Regulation" is necessary in cyberspace, and have a brief consideration of the positive result when the regulations are applied. I will end with a reaffirmation of my original thesis. 

댓글 1개:

  1. Nice outline - I like how much thought you are putting into this.

    답글삭제