2014년 11월 2일 일요일

Week 11. Self-evaluation

1) What score do you think you deserve? Here is the rubric:
2 points - The first draft is thoughtful and a good start to an effective persuasive essay. It demonstrates an understanding of the classical argument.
1 point - The student completes a first draft that demonstrates an understanding of the classical argument
0 points - The first draft is inadequate

Although my first draft needs some kind of amending works, I think I deserve 2 points. I searched many precedent researches and compared between them to start the effective persuasive essay. Also, I found the example that will support my arguments as many as possible and tried to select a proper example that is more persuasive. 


2) What did you do well?

As I mentioned, I put a large effort on finding more reasonable researches and examples, such as the Jimmy Savile, ordinary citizen who had his life go bankrupt, etc. And by reminding the urgency of the problem through those examples, I've strengthened my arguments. Also, I tried to highlight the importance of this topic because this topic could seem blatant for someone. 

arguments are based off of opinions and personal feeli
3) What could you have done better?

I feel something lacking on my arguments that though it can be a reminder of the people and was discussed in depth, argument itself was not so creative. However, I think these flaws in my essay could be covered by the uniqueness of the examples. The examples used are persuasive and awakening the people(or, maybe some needs to be supplemented).


4) Which part of the classical argument did you use the best?
Personally, the 'refutation and concession' was the best classical argument that I used. I selected the influential opponents' opinion as the freedom of expression. To argue the opinion with the obvious source, I used First Amendment and what the court ruled. It may help specify what the government should do for the citizens and justify the regulation of information.


5) Which part of the classical argument did you use the most poorly?
I think Narration is the classical argument that I used the most poorly because for my topic, it was really vague to find my background research. For the second draft, I think I have to find the research that is directly connected with my topic, " Should the information regulation be accepted?"  Besides, though confirmation is the part that I had spend much time, it seems that it is concentrated on aligning the examples. For the second draft, I hope to find the quotes of the experts or philosophers. 


6) What's your strategy to make your second draft better? 
As I mentioned, for better second draft, I need to supplement my confirmation: first, it needs to be rephrased into my words and second, sources besides examples should be added. Also, I need to find the research that has the direct relation with my topic. 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기